Friday 17 August 2018

marae trip

Tuesday 14th 2018

On Tuesday Mamaku 3,Pohutakawa 3, Totora 3, and Rata 4 went to the Arahura Marae. When we first got to the Marae we had to stop at the gate and walk slowly because it is showing respect to the ancestors. Once we got to the wharenui we had to take our shoes off. Then Matua T did a long speech and we then sang a song followed by a hongi. Then we went to the other side of the building and got some food there was cake apples and mini pies. When we were finished eating we went back to do our mihis. I learnt that the wharenui is also know as the body of Tuhuru. 

5 comments:

  1. Kia ora shilah It is zyah Here From Mamaku Hub I like your blog post about Arahura Marae I have some Questions For you. Have you Ever Been To Any Other Marae"s? Well I have I have been to Makwhio,Arahura,And Kai tahi. What was your favourite part? I haven,t been to The arahura trip with my My class yet.also what is your favourite Carving there? Mine is Th Carving of Tuhuru. I hope you have another post so I can Keep Commenting On Your Blog
    well done
    Bye Zyah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kia ora Zyah I have never been to any other marae. My Favourite part was the food and the different stories
      they told.
      from Shilah

      Delete
  2. Kia Ora Shilah, My name is Honor and I am a year 7 student in Totara 2 Greymain School. I really like your post on the marae. Our class went 2 weeks ago and I found it really interesting. I like how you have inserted a photo. Maybe you could of writen some of your mihi down to show us.
    Noho Ora Mai.
    From Honor

    ReplyDelete
  3. kio ora shilah. i really enjoyed going with your class. what was your favorite part and why? how many times have you been? my favorite part was when we asked question about the carving

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia Ora Shilah,
    What was you favorite part about going to the Marae ? My favorite part was when we had to say our mihi. I really liked going with your class. Did you have a buddy ?
    Bye Jazmine

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.